On the PlayStation 4, there was an update output of 5.50, the total volume of which was 459 megabytes. The firmware included many innovations, which for a long time asked the owners of the console.
- Updated “Library”, where more filters for sorting content appeared, as well as a long-awaited opportunity to hide unnecessary shortcuts, for example, from demos;
- New parental control features that allow you to monitor the child’s actions from the mobile application, limiting the time that he spends with the game, if necessary;
- Ability to set your own wallpaper, importing images from a flash drive;
- Improved notification menu, where you can now delete all alerts at once;
- Small changes in the shortcut menu;
- Owners of PS4 Pro can now turn on forced supersampling. In this mode, the console will give the highest possible resolution, after reducing it to the supported by the connected display. Due to this, the image becomes much cleaner.
Simultaneously, Sony has released a theme for PS4, timed to the International Women’s Day. It was drawn by the artist of the studio Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet, Dreams ) Maya-Lisa Kehlet.
Also, the company offers to learn more about women who participate in the development of games for the PlayStation.