The developer Square Enix surprised the community with the announcement of several titles of the Final Fantasy series for Nintendo Switch , including an improved version of World of Final Fantasy titled World of Final Fantasy Maxima .
This installment will be officially launched on Nintendo Switch on November 6, so the game’s director, Hiroki Chiba, has taken the time to share some brief details about this release in Famitsu magazine, which has again been leaked . The creator also confirmed that he has already written the script for a sequel, and only lack the approval of Square Enix , which probably depends on the sales of this new edition.
Gematsu has published these details.
- With the port of Switch (Maxima), we take the opportunity to improve the game. Being completely honest, our budget was low, so there was a limited amount of things we could do, but we used our time carefully and did what we could!
- The difference in resolution between the portable and TV modes in Switch caused some problems for the staff. The engine is the Orochi Engine. This was not compatible with Switch, but our worked on it and made it compatible, so I think this is the first Switch title that the Orochi Engine uses.
- As for the PS Vita version, it lacked sufficient memory and could not support the update.
- [The game] tells a little about the story of Lann and Reynn.
- While there are no plans for a sequel, I’ve already written the full story. If Square Enix gives us its approval, we can begin the development immediately.
- Some people wondered if Lann’s puns were really necessary, so we considered adding an option to deactivate them, and it was practically finished, but then we felt bad for him and we thought better.
- For the second version, I considered an element for audio comments of the characters that appear in each scene, but I left that idea aside because it would be too metafiction.